Purchasing Coordinator - Job Posting
Total Security Solutions’ benchmark of success is based on our team’s ability to honor all commitments with integrity, build lasting client relationships, and provide the best customer service in our industry. We have taken more than three decades of experience in bullet resistant barrier systems, and raised the bar within our industry.
Named three times to the Inc. 5000 List of the Fastest Growing Companies in America and to the Michigan 50 Companies to Watch, Total Security Solutions recognizes that our company’s growth can be directly attributed to our team members – from the front office and sales to our shop floor – who work hard each day to build a quality bullet proof glass product. We are continuously seeking individuals with the desire to build their careers while helping expand our business and drive innovation in our industry.
Why Consider a Career at Total Security Solutions?
- TSS is a progressive organization that is committed to excellence and operates collaboratively and proactively to solve problems and exceed expectations..
- We’re financially strong and we are positioned for tremendous growth.
- Our leadership team is committed to maintaining our company culture, embodied in our core values.
- We have a strong leadership team with extensive industry experience. You can count on this team to be effective partners.
- We’re entrepreneurial. Ideas are encouraged and you will be given a high degree of autonomy to reach your established goals.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Purchasing Coordinator
Total Security Solutions is looking for a qualified individual to join our team as a Purchasing Coordinator. This is a full-time position based in our Fowlerville, MI headquarters and reports to the Director of Administration.
This position is responsible for the overall management of purchasing materials, inventory management and vendor relations. This position is critical to the long term success of the company and is heavily involved in a myriad of essential functions.
- Study sales record and prior company transactions.
- Complete sales purchases, including equipment, machines, goods, and services for companies.
- Find the highest quality goods possible by reading reviews and performing extensive research.
- Study current inventory levels and determine what is needed.
- Identify foreign and domestic suppliers and vendors.
- Ask vendors for promotional prices and incentives.
- Keep abreast of changes affecting both the supply of, and demand for, needed products and materials.
- Consider price, quality, availability, reliability, and technical support when choosing suppliers and merchandise.
- Have a working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased.
- Place orders and ensure product is shipped according to deadlines
- Accept bids and offers through Internet.
- Negotiate and supervise supply contracts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and able to focus on multiple tasks at one time
- Comfortable with technology and willing to learn new systems
- Experience with inventory management
- Familiarity with MS Office, Google Apps, and ERP/MRP systems preferred
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- High energy level
- Curious nature
- Collaborative work ethic
- Commitment to excellence