Total Security Solutions’ benchmark of success is based on our team’s ability to honor all commitments with integrity, build lasting client relationships, and provide the best customer service in our industry. We have taken more than three decades of experience in bullet resistant barrier systems, and raised the bar within our industry.
Named to both Inc. 5000 List of the Fastest Growing Companies in America and to the Michigan 50 Companies to Watch, Total Security Solutions recognizes that our company’s growth can be directly attributed to our team members – from the front office and sales to our shop floor – who work hard each day to build a quality bullet proof glass product. We are continuously seeking individuals with the desire to build their careers while helping expand our business and drive innovation in our industry.
Why Consider a Career at Total Security Solutions?
- TSS is a progressive organization that is committed to excellence and operates collaboratively and proactively to solve problems and exceed expectations.
- We’re financially strong and we are positioned for tremendous growth.
- Our leadership team is committed to maintaining our company culture, embodied in our core values.
- We have a strong leadership team with extensive industry experience. You can count on this team to be effective partners.
- We’re entrepreneurial. Ideas are encouraged and you will be given a high degree of autonomy to reach your established goals.
JOB POSTING: Steel Fabricator/Welder
We currently have a need for a full-time Steel Fabricator/Welder in our Steel Shop in Fowlerville, Michigan. The fabricator is responsible for the precise fabrication of steel components for bullet resistant barrier systems, as well as the ability to work on the project from sheet all the way to finishing and packaging.
- You will need to be able to cut, bend, weld, and engineer custom steel components for bullet resistant barriers that include ballistic steel doors, bullet resistant framing, as well as quick ship items like currency trays.
- As a member of the steel shop, you have the potential to be involved with every barrier system we manufacture, which means it is imperative to have flawless welds and finishes on every component you create for seamless presentation and to maintain the overall system’s safety rating, function, and aesthetic purpose.
- You will need to follow the project from flat steel sheets to completely manufactured bullet resistant barrier component.
- Due to the custom nature of our products, you will need to read and interpret spec drawings and blueprints to engineer and manufacture high quality components.
- 4+ years experience cutting, welding, and fabricating with stainless steel and mild steel; from sheet to finished product
- Experience using .030 welding wire, as well as 14/16 gauge cold-rolled mild steel and 18 gauge stainless steel
- 4+ years experience using MIG and TIG welders
- Experience with Die Grinder, Iron Worker Press Brake, Stroke Sander, and Flap Wheel Sander a plus
- Understand and interpret blueprints and spec drawings to create flawless components
- Ability to work fast and deliver high quality results. The shop is a fact-paced work environment, so you will need to scale to the flow of work to be successful.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- High energy level
- Curious nature
- Collaborative work ethic
- Commitment to excellence
- Mindset of continuous improvement
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities