Total Security Solutions’ benchmark of success is based on our team’s ability to honor all commitments with integrity, build lasting client relationships, and provide the best customer service in our industry. We have taken more than three decades of experience in bullet resistant barrier systems, and raised the bar within our industry.
Named to both the 2014 Inc. 5000 List of the Fastest Growing Companies in America and to the Michigan 50 Companies to Watch, Total Security Solutions recognizes that our company’s growth can be directly attributed to our team members – from the front office and sales to our shop floor – who work hard every day to build a quality bullet proof glass product. We are continuously seeking individuals with the desire to build their careers while helping expand our business and drive innovation in our industry.
Why Consider a Career at Total Security Solutions?
- TSS is a progressive organization that is committed to excellence and operates collaboratively and proactively to solve problems and exceed expectations..
- We’re financially strong and we are positioned for tremendous growth.
- Our leadership team is committed to maintaining our company culture, embodied in our core values.
- We have a strong leadership team with extensive industry experience. You can count on this team to be effective partners.
- We’re entrepreneurial. Ideas are encouraged and you will be given a high degree of autonomy to reach your established goals.
JOB POSTING: PROJECT ENGINEER
Total Security Solutions is looking for a qualified Project Engineer to collaborate with sales, project managers, production, and the customer to design and engineer system drawings and plans for custom bullet resistant barriers, bulletproof glass components, and accessories.
This is a full-time position in our Fowlerville, MI headquarters near Lansing.
- Design and engineer drawings and plans for custom bullet resistant barrier systems and accessories based on individual customer security needs in either a space that is a retrofit installation or new construction
- Interpret customer needs and create a barrier design that offers up optimal security, functionality, and aesthetic appeal
- Take direction from and work with client throughout the entire process from beginning design and planning stages through production and installation
- Design and engineer all integral raw products such as acrylic, polycarbonate, aluminum, steel, fiberglass, laminate and wood to integrate into custom bullet resistant barrier systems
- Interpret architect’s drawings and specifications for integration into design and manufacturing of product
- Coordinate ordering of product for use in systems
- Ensure proper installation of product at client site by creating custom install and maintenance instructions for end user
- Handle field measurements at new and existing facilities
- Work extensively with AutoCAD and Solidworks for design and manufacturing
- Periodically participate in shop fabrication and site installation
- 3+ years design and project engineering experience
- Must be extremely organized and exhibit a high degree of attention to detail
- BS in relevant engineering or engineering technology field such as Architectural, Construction, or Mechanical
- Additional hands-on production shop experience preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks
- Experience with acrylic, glazing, curtain wall systems, and carpentry a plus
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and heavy workload
- Ability to anticipate customer needs, think on the fly, troubleshoot, and offer proactive solutions to any potential issues
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 10%) to assist with project measurement and installation
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- High energy level
- Curious nature
- Collaborative work ethic
- Commitment to excellence